NETCOR’s corrosion engineering team leads the industry in the detection, diagnosis and prevention of corrosion. Many of the corrosion standards in use today were developed with input from NETCOR corrosion engineering.
Our corrosion engineers are able to work with the client to handle a full range of corrosion problems and unique field conditions, from pre-installation testing and diagnostic engineering, design, inspection, post-installation engineering, research, laboratory analysis, expert witness, and compliance with industry-specific regulations, such as Pipeline Integrity Management. Our experienced team of senior corrosion engineering professionals performs detailed work in virtually all phases of corrosion engineering including the utilization, selection, condition assessment, and evaluation of cathodic protection with sacrificial or impressed current systems for numerous facilities such as:
- Pipelines—oil, gas (natural, LP, and chlorine), POL (petroleum fuels, oil, and lubricants), water (desalinized, sale, and fresh), sewage (fresh, septic, and sludge), compressed air, condensate, and other miscellaneous pipelines
- Buried, ground level, and elevated steel storage tanks and reservoirs for fuel, water, and other liquids
- Process equipment along with water and sewage treatment plant facilities involving internal and external corrosion control and including packaged lift stations
- Transit systems
- Marine facilities both on-shore and off-shore (piling, docks, wharves, and submarine pipelines)
- Bridges and appurtenances
- Reinforcing steel for concrete systems (high-rise buildings, garages, stadiums, industrial structures)
NETCOR employs highly educated and qualified corrosion engineers and technicians with NACE certifications and other industry qualifications. In addition to providing corrosion engineering services (from corrosion monitoring till corrosion problem) to clients in the field, our corrosion engineers are instrumental in the design and manufacture of NETCOR’s custom and off-the-shelf cathodic protection materials and systems.